Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday afternoon

It isn't quite a lazy Sunday afternoon, as I am busily working on a handout for the presentation I must give to my Shakespeare class Wednesday night, but Sunday is Sunday regardless of how busy I am, and so there's a slight aura of laziness around the apartment. The cats are certainly promoting a relaxation strategy; Aime has once again taken over the green kittybed (which C. originally made for Jinian, the big tabby cat) and is sleeping soundly in it, and Jinian is off in the living room, probably sideways and asleep on the old yellow chair.

Last weekend passed in a blur of meals with in-laws, a good night of amateur theatre (a production of Sondheim's Assassins, very enjoyable although mildly flawed in execution), and then some frantic gerbil-like wheel-spinning as I tried to catch up on all the reading I'd been letting slide because of the terrifying midterm. As the week progressed I calmed down, and managed to finish both Pride and Prejudice and Their Eyes Were Watching God in good order.

I had meant to write about the lovely trip to the farmer's market this morning, but afternoon has become evening as I focused on my presentation materials instead of on this post, and now friends have arrived for dinner and gaming. Perhaps I will return tomorrow afternoon, to season the short essay I need to finish with more personal meanderings.

No comments: